Tenerife is not only a beautiful and scenic island, but it’s also a lively and vibrant destination with a wide variety of events happening year-round. From cultural celebrations to music festivals, there’s always something happening on the island. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the most popular events in Tenerife.
- Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife: This is the largest and most famous event in Tenerife, attracting visitors from all over the world. It is celebrated in February and is a colourful and lively festival with parades, music, and dancing.
- Tenerife International Film Festival: This annual film festival takes place in November and showcases films from around the world. It includes film screenings, workshops, and awards ceremonies.
- Corpus Christi: This religious festival takes place in June and features beautiful floral carpets made from flower petals that are laid out in the streets.
- Dia de Canarias: This is a celebration of the Canary Islands and is held on May 30th. It includes parades, music, and traditional food and drink.
- Fiestas de Mayo: This is a month-long celebration held in the town of Los Realejos, which includes parades, music, and traditional Canarian food.
- Jazz Festival: This popular festival takes place in July and brings together some of the best jazz musicians from around the world.
- Tenerife Walking Festival: This event takes place in May and includes guided walks through some of Tenerife’s most beautiful and scenic areas.
- Rhythm and Harmony Festival: This festival celebrates Latin American music and dance and takes place in July.
- Festival of San Juan: This is a traditional celebration that takes place on June 23rd and includes bonfires, music, and dancing.
- Noche en Blanco: This event takes place in October and is a cultural celebration that includes exhibitions, music, and art shows.
These are just a few of the many events that take place in Tenerife throughout the year. Whether you’re interested in music, culture, or just having a good time, there’s something for everyone on this beautiful island. So why not plan your visit to coincide with one of these exciting events and make your trip to Tenerife even more memorable?